Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thanks, Coach

This is my small tribute to the woman to whom a owe much of my growth and maturity during my college years.
A few weeks back my college basketball coach, Lori Ulferts, retired from the profession of coaching. I can't say it was a suprise, she always told us when her own kids started getting involved in their own activities that she could hang up her whistle and follow them around, much as they had followed her during their early years. It took a good bit of time and maturity for me to realize how much Coach cared about us, and how much she was willing to do for us. But I can say now, of the woman who made a one day trip to Lincoln from St. Cloud for my wedding, that I am forever graterful to have been coached by her. I can think of no more worthy recipient of her time than her husband and two children. To them I say....thank you for sharing her with us.
Good Luck, Coach.

No comments: