Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Warm Up

We've had a great few days - what with the central Iowa heat wave and all. Yesterday we were able to walk to Granda Terri's...Made our way over there with the big sisters pulling their babies on the sleds, if only for a few yards - the rest of the way I trudged through the thigh deep snow pulling Carson and Mia, only to go back to carry Delainey and Ella each individually at least part way over! This snow won't melt til June. But we played outside for a long time, the big girls jumped on the trampoline covered in snow, made snow angels, and the like. On the way back we took a mild detour to push the sleds through the empty lot across the street. Quite the workout for mom that's for sure.
We've been all over this morning - Matthew was here this morning during preschool, we had lunch with Grandma Terri and the kids then played at Addie's for a while before coming back here with Addie for the afternoon. The girls walked alone in the street from Tesdahl's house while I drove alongside them. Such fun. It's so nice out they didn't even wear coats! We played outside for over an hour when we got back. I shoveled the melting snow off the drive - there's still plenty left there nad we can finally get to it....I even managed to scoop enough snow away from the gutter to access that - it was a good six feet tall and five feet of snow out into the street to get to it. Holy Cow. Guess we'll call that strength training for the week.
Speaking of training....Chris and I are both training for the half marathon in Lincoln...program started this week - first tough workout was this morning. A five mile run with a three mile tempo run in the middle. I'm reminded that I've got a long way to go....but it'll be worth it. I'm excited Chris is doing it with me....what a challenge.
Ella and I are going to Minnesota Saturday to see Leah and Emma - Tom is coaching in Owatonna which is only a few hours from here so we're taking advantage. Should be fun to see the girls play together again...I hope they have a lasting friendship despite the miles between them. I promise to post pictures of them as soon as I can (assuming I remember the camera). And Chris and I are going to "Spring Awakening" Sunday night at the Civic Center in Des Moines....it is the first of a set of four tickets my parents gave us for Christmas....I Can't wait.

No comments: