Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We've made it to the Hansen's in Wisconsin and have had our fill of Turkey - we thusly have much to be thankful for. Safe travel, good food, family, and of course - mom's completion of the Webster City Turkey Trot! It was great fun. Chris brought the girls out in the 20 some degree weather to watch mom waddle through her first race in roughly 10 years. There was a time in my life when I strove for gold medals and course records....might I suggest that I am more thankful than anything that God has provided me with such blessings that those motivations seem increadibly trivial. While I am well aware that my youth made me who I am today, and while I do not mean to imply that those years were spent unwisely - my memories couldn't be any stronger or better - the thought of my babies at the finish line was a stronger motivation than any gold medal. Which is also not to suggest that I am as fast today as I was then...on the contrary - I'm quite slow.

Thank you Chris for supporting me and for withstanding the cold with the girls - you are the greatest blessing God could have given me. I love you every day, and each day a little more.

1 comment:

Esue said...

Congrats on the run! Must feel good to get the first one done! The turkey trot was a great time. Unfortunately, I've been sick ever since, but we trotted! I decided that trail runs that involve steep hills covered with deep dry sand are NOT for me!