Thursday, November 13, 2008

Visiting the Farm

A few pictures from our trip to Texas. We had a great time (duh)....the weather was perfect....75 and sunny most days. We returned to freezing rain. Fantastic.

We managed to squeeze in a Mia well visit with the greatest pediatrician on the planet. I'm told she's perfectly healthy and thriving. I'm not so sure Mia's gonna be the smart one, but I'm told this too is of no concern and that she's well on her way to an intelligent childhood if nothing else.

I don't have a ton of time to narrate the trip, but it was a great time. lots of soccer (ugh!), but mostly good times, good company, etc. Most importantly I was provided with a babysitter and got to go out. Wow. Did I ever enjoy that!

We're back to the daily grind now....Ella had Doughnuts with Dad this morning at preschool ("D" week). I'm sure it was great, but would hae been even better if I hadn't had to drag her out of bed moments before they had to leave! She was quite the sleepyhead. But dad said it was great...

Mia and Alleyna are playing fantasticly - they've becoming fast friends - save that Mia quite likes to sit in Alleyna's lap, and...well...we'll just say Alleyna is not such a fan!!! :) Good stuff though, we've gotten so that when she's not ere we do so miss her. Terri and Carson are on their way over for a baby playdate until the big girls get out of school. I love baby playdates...so differnt than the 3 year old play dates. Each moment is a gift...and I love each milestone, each stage and believe it or not all the growing that goes with it. Even if it does make me a bit crazy now and again. :)

No comments: