Thursday, February 14, 2008

A CLEAN Slate

As you have now figured out I successfully navigated my way through the alumni game mostly unharmed (waking Monday morning was a little painful). It was so good to see all of our friends - and it really was fun to play basketball with talented athletes, even if we are all old and washed up! Ella and Emma had a fantastic time...they jumped until soaked in sweat at the game and swam their little selves exhausted at the hotel. The stay with Tom, Leah and Emma was awesome - the hotel had a mini-pool that was about a foot and a half deep that the girls could splash and play in, and we also took them to the family pool where they got to dunk, swim and play all kinds of ridiculous games related to songs Leah introduced us to. Songs that have burdened my days since! :) Doug and Connie had us out to the house on Sunday for lunch - a feast that we are extremely grateful for. The girls were clearly exhausted and ready for naps on the car rides home.
We took a snow day last Wednesday with the girls, and had Lainey and Addie over for lunch and some outside time:
Mia had her 6 month visit yesterday....she's growing well, a little over 19 lbs, and seems to be progressing fine - sitting up, supporting weight on her legs, two teeth, passing objects between hands, babbling... all things the doc seemed to think were important and sufficiently displayed. She followed up her visit with an extra long night - fell asleep at 6:45 and slumbered until well after 8 in the morning. Ella also took an early evening, checking out at about 7:30. She was running a mild grade fever this afternoon, but didn't seem to know it as she was dancing through the house in her new silky comfies all evening.

I got my favorite Valentine's Day present yet....a cleaning lady! I'm so excited I can't stand it. She's coming to meet me (and assess my disgusting house) tomorrow, at which time we will discuss how she can clean my floors and bathrooms and dust my home every other week. What a relief. I do my best to keep a neat house, and as much as I'd LOVE to say I keep a clean house, I'm usualyl glad to get my ironing and laundry done while keeping the house picked up and the refrigerator full. I have no idea how those of you who work do it. I can hardly keep up without a job! Kudos to the rest of you. As for me....Lois is a welcomed woman in my life.
As for Chris, he recieved two Ceramic Starbucks latte cups for weekend and evening lattes, a bottle of sugar-free Hazlenut syrup (watch out to all the fatties in our family....Chris is looking like Tyson Beckford with his svelt body over here....we're taking your money suckers!) and a gift card to support his new-found coffee habit.
We took family pics/6 month pics for Mia earlier this week and I get to view them on Tuesday. Can't wait. Keep an eye out for links to the pics, they should be up sometime late next week.
Oh...and by the way, it would seem that Al Gore has spent little, if any, time in Iowa. This particular section of the globe is clearly not warming.

No comments: