Monday, June 30, 2008

Awesome Weekend

We had our first weekend at home in what seems like quite a while....and it was one of the most fantastic three days I've had. We spent all day Friday with friends. had Heidi and the little kids (Addie and Matthew) over for a spell in the morning, then acquired Delainey at lunch time. I took the girls and Lainey to the pool at 1 and met up with Heidi and the kids. There was a time at which I was at hte pool alone with three three year old girls and Mia! The girls all had lots of fun....they are getting to be great swimmers! L can now put her face down in the water, kick and swing her arms like carzy and it almost looks like she's swimming! She's totally soured to the slide this summer though, she doesn't so much seem afraid of it as she just doesn't like it. She can't seem to remain sitting so at hte first turn she gets flipped to her belly and comes down feet first. She loved it last year, but not so much now. Eitherway.....

Friday night Chris and I left the girls under the care of the big kids at Tesdahl's and went wtih Jim and Heidi to the Japanese steakhouse in Ames. It was a great time, and was un to be alone fora night.

Saturday was the Raspberry festival here in town, we went for pancakes in the morning, then back in the evening for inflatable bounce houses and slides. We also managed to stay for fireworks at 10:30 (Mia fell asleep in the stroller). It was fun to take part in a local event, and the girls had a weeks worth of fun on the slide. It was windy, and rained intermittenly, but the nice cool weather was actually quite nice.

Yesterday I awoke to breakfast in bed (my husband loves me) - and chilled with Ella watching cartoons for a bit. I also managed to put a coat of primer and two coats of paint on the hallway wall, Chris mowed, we cleaned my car, took the girls to the park and the pool and went for a family walk in the evening. Not bad if you ask me. I finished out the weekend sitting on the swing we got Chris for father's day and assembled on Saturday. Fantastic.

This morning I've run nearly four miles and am listening to Chris and Mia have breakfast. It's 6:05 and I was hoping she'd at least sleep long enough for me to get a few loads of laundry going, but alas....she doesn't seem to care about dirty clothes!

No comments: