Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wonderful Vacations

If only I could say I am overly relaxed! We've had a two vacations of late - an almost two week stint at the cabin, and a weekend in Kansas City for Mia and I - both of which were exceptional.

Our week plus trip to the cabin was unspeakably relaxing. The weather was great both weekends, and the week in between was mostly good - good enough at least that the girls got to spend at least a little time each day by the water. Ella could live there! Chris and I both had a chance to put our stamp on the "making of Big Shots." It wasn't the first time Chris has put his effort in, and he spent the greater part of his time there working. I did a few nights worth of painting and was glad to have the chance to help. Chris also added in the most physically strenuous job of the week by reshaping the beach near the porch to help stave off erosion. It looked great when he was done with it. While we were there we got to spend time with family and friends nad elebrate Myles's first birthday. Hard to believe...

We got back on Tuesday evening to find our first floor about 1/2 refloored (I love Shawn Moran). It looks great. He has since finished flooring the kitchen, living room , and hallway. Chris and I have taken the carpet out of our bedroom and closet and tore the floor out of the old laundry room. I started tearing the sheetrock off the wall in there tonight. Too. Much. Fun.

The Kansas City trip was great. Mia was a trooper. We shopped until we both dropped, ate great food and spent much time with good company. Mia and My's trip to Kansas City was a weekend with Dad for Ella. They went to Okoboji on Saturday, had a picnic and watched the boats pass under the bridge. They also did lots of work around the house, took a trip to Des Moines for dinner at Outback (upon recieving the check Ella tells Chris "Daddy we need to go to Starbucks....get a coffee!"). They had a great time together I'm sure.

Since our return Sunday night we haven't much left the walls of our house, mostly on account of both girls ahve been sick. Both running a light fever adn kind of cranky/tired. Ella capped her sickness this morning with her first "real" puking episode. The sweet thing was just standing there like it was no big deal. Then she kept telling me all day long... "I threw up in your bed!" Like it was a badge of honor or something.

I wish I had pictures to post, but alas I have no clue where my camera is. And given that my bedroom is currently located in my bathroom, the hall way and the living room I don't think I'll be finding it any time soon. When I do, I'll post. Until then....

No comments: