Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day Daddy!

Despite Chris being away for a fishing trip (not a bad gift if you ask me) Father's day has come and gone. Funny how the world goes on without our input. Although we missed daddy (Ella has told me numerous times since Chris left "I just want my daddy") the girls and I had a pretty great weekend.

Friday night was Addie's birthday party. So freaking crazy to me the grils are all turning 3!!! It was at the tumbling and trampoline center in town and Ella took right to it. She's already signed up for classes, the first of which is this Tuesday at 5:30. She'll go once a week for about 45 minutes. I'm so excited for her to start. I think she'll love it.

On Saturday we did a few chores in the morning.... painted a bench we've been meaning to refinish and mowed the lawn. Mia snoozed while I did the mowing and Ella played with Chase (2+) and Brandon (3rd grade?). They are neighbors through our back yard, and I'm trying to do a better job of trekking through our yards to say hi. Ella seemed to have great fun with the boys, and I got to power mow quick so it was a successful morning. After Miss Mia awoke I borrowed Heidi's stroller and started what would be a 5 hour or so trip away from home. We walked across town to Hy-Vee for burgers at the picnic tables (across town is a little over a mile in my town). Then we back-tracked a little to the swimming pool and played for a good few hours. After swimming we stopped for sno-cones down the street. Ella's a girl after my own heart. After sucking down her entire small she asked me "Mama? Is your's gone?" "No peanut, I still have some left..." "Can I finish it?" I love sno-cones. We stopped at a grade school park on the way home and finally made it back around dinner time. It was a fantastic day....I only wish Chris had been with us.

Today was a trip to Ames for church, then to Lowes and lunch at Fazoli's before walking around the mall for a while. Bargfrede's were kind enough to invite us to their father's day dinner at Grandma Terri's. Which was lots of fun, even if it started with a bit of a shock. Ella, Mia and I were walking to dinner the long way around the block. When we were in front of Bargfrede's backdoor neighbors I told Ella she could run through the yards to Grandma's and I'd walk around with Mia and meet her there. She though that would be cool and took off. But when I got there Ella hadn't made it. We found her a few minutes later two houses away, and I knew she couldn't have gone far, but my heart raced momentarily. I was grateful to live in afamily community in a small town at that moment....that's for sure. Dinner was nice though and it was good to share some good company.

The bad news of the weekend is that my papa is in the icu fighting excess fluid who knows where. They tell us he'll go home tomorrow, and he has had no heart attack or damage of any sort. He's having a hard time getting oxygen, and is feeling pretty weak. Chris was able to stop up to the hospital and talk to him. The girls and I are going to the cabin for the weekend with Chris later this week and I plan to take a day to go into Fremont and hang with him and my grandma for a while.

Since I've spent the weekend hanging with the girls and laying dead in front of the tv after putting them to bed I must now go tackle the mountain that is my laundry. Hope you all had fantastic father's days and were able to spend them with the ones you love and cherish.

No comments: