Monday, October 29, 2007

De Car! De Car!

I'm an official lessee of a metallic black Chrysler Pacifica with light tan leather interior. LOVE IT! It's so much more than I thought I'd be getting and I love every bit of it. The kids seem to like it too. Ella is much appreciative of the DVD player, although the small ones were good enough for her, they were a pain in the neck for mom and dad to hold/move/not lose/etc. And Mia just likes the way her seat sits....or so I think.

We babysat Delainey again today, our prayers continue to go out to the Bargfreded family. Lainey and Ella played great, we spent some time outside, some time inside and even some time over at Grandma Terri's on the trampoline. Ella's indoor slide and little trampoline made the trip up the stairs and outside again for the girls to play with outside. I much appreciate time they spend NOT in my house. :)

I did some gardening over the weekend...I put a few hostas around our house and planted a handful of tulip and dafodil bulbs. Ella helped me put a few hostas in front of our neighbors porch, and we transplanted a Yew Evergreen bush for him too. I plan to add some bulbs tomorrow or maybe Wednesday. The gentleman who lives there lost his wife and daughter in a car accident well before we moved to Webster City - he has one son, a 12 year old, whom Ella adores. He's an excellent father, and between running the 12-year old to various sporting events has not been able to find the time to finish up his landscapping....we were glad to help out. I just hope everything lives and it doesn't look like trash in the spring!!! :)

Saturday was Pre-school Trick-or-Treat day at the local rec center. The girls were the cutest rascals in the place. Ella was a skunk, Mia a hot pepper. Very cute. We're excited for "real" trick-or-treating on Wednesday....should be fun.

Speaking of Wednesday...Only Two more days until we leave for Texas! It will be a much welcomed vacation. Chris is fishing all weekend, and the girls and I will be hanging at the Breeze ranch. Sunday will, of course, be a trip highlight as we set foot in the new Joshua's Crossing building for the first time. I can't wait!

Quote of the week (not verbatim, but pretty damn close): "The state of this (Tennessee) football program is worse than Nebraska." - Phil Fulmer. Nebraska is apparantly so bad that to be worse is unthinkable.

No comments: