Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Someday My Car Will Come

Or so they tell me. My long trek to a new car continues. When our dealer showed up to pick it up at the lot in Council Bluffs for the swap they discovered damage of some sort to the fender or bumper or I really don't care. What matters is that they are fixing it and I'm not getting my Pacifica until Friday at least. Oh well.
Nearly 30 years after arriving on the Earth scene I am officially an adult. By which I mean there is adult furniture (furniture store style, not Target self assembly style) in EVERY room of our house!!!! Our living room set arrived today and I love it. It has completely transformed our house. We've rearranged two rooms and completed our quarterly toy purge...our house is now free of all fast food toys and other broken objects! We also tossed anything that is small enough for Mia to choke on.
Speaking of Mia, Heidi came over Monday morning and we painted her (Mia's) room. Ella got sent to Miss Patty's day care with Addie for the morning and it was a win-win situation for everyone. Especially considering that Patty told me that having met Ella she is willing to take her as a drop in if I need her. Maybe someday I'll take her up on it!
Chris is hosting Fantasy Football tonight, so there's plenty of testosterone in our house. I love entertaining, and I'm glad to be able to show off my newly furnished house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do we get to see a picture of your adult living room.

My Two Kids said...

Sure...but not until AFTER my kids are asleep, and my house is clean, and the laundry is done, and Chris's shirts are ironed, and... :) I'll try and get to it.