Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bliss

I finally feel complete again, having held the precious Tanyn in my arms. She's beautiful, gorgeous, the picture of perfection.
Our weekend was exceptional. Chris had to spend a good deal of time studying, but we're primarily grateful that he has a job for which he needs to study. On Saturday we spent a few hours at Lost In Fun, an indoor playground. What a fabulous place. All kinds of equipment for the kids to climb on and cause as much damage as possible.

We had family dinner at Red Robin for Giff's birthday that night...a seemingly simple arrangement that turned into quite an ordeal. We waited over an hour for a table, but were compensated quite well by a very generous management that provided fries while we waited and a smattering of free appetizers once we were seated. The kids were great, and until her second "break-out" Ella was compliant enough to stay in our small area. We left when Mia started rubbing her eyes so hard I thought she'd reach her brain and Ella tried just one more time to sneak out beneath the table.

I was lucky enough to babysit all four kiddos Sunday morning before we headed out to the cabin. We went sledding, tried to ice skate a little and had a wonderful meal with great company. It was so very good to be able to have the entire family together, crazy as it may have been. I have to admit I was the fun police for the first half hour we were there while Ella refused to put on her snow bibs and play outside before her friends arrived. Needless to say I was relieved to see the Harms clan come in followed closely by the Giffords. From that point on Ella played flawlessly with Mattie and Eli while Mia and Miles had their own little baby party.

We were obviously sad to leave but glad to have had the time to spend with those we love. We kept the Tesdahl kids on Tuesday after returning and save the pant-removal and pee on the play room floor it went remarkably well. I had planned to have them this morning as well, but came back from working out to find Ella running a fever. So we spent the day watching cartoons and playing quietly for the most part. She was apparantly feeling better early this evening though, cause I was no longer able to contain her and she went wild! So much fun.

I started Mia on Biter Biscuits....nasty gummy little things. She loves them! Chris is gone tonight, and I'm predictably wasting my time insteady of folding the heaping pile of clothes on my bed, or ironing the basket full of Chris's work shirts. Oh well....at least you can say you've been kept in the loop.

I've decided I hate the decorating in my house, so Chris got me a bunch of stuff for Christmas to try and make the house look as if an adult lives here. We have plans this weekend to paint and hang, and hopefully have a decorated abode at some point.

Chris is in Chicago next week so I'm hauling the girls to Lincoln for a few days of what will hopefully be rest and relaxation (and a cut and highlight for me)! Hope the last week has treated you all well....Hopefully I'll be back soon!

No comments: