Thursday, January 24, 2008

FINALLY (in so many ways)

I'm going to see Tanyn! I'm going to see Tanyn. More than a week later I FINALLY get to see my precious niece. I do so hope she has waited patiently for me. And I will NOT be sharing her with anyone during my visit given that the rest of you all have been doting on her without me. I CAN'T WAIT!
Though it's been a while since she's been here and I've neglected to post the pictures, Nana came bearing Christmas gifts we had to leave behind. The dinosaur Ball Pit is a favorite - She also brought matching valentine comfies for the girls.
Dad spent a full day with Mia a little while back and took some pictures of how happy she is with him. Mia has graduated from the bath sling...and as previously reported is willing and able to stand alone so long as she's given something steady to hold.And I apparantly missed the occurance of my baby girl growing up!
We babysat the Bargfrede children again, and they keep expressing how grateful they are...what a favor it is...blah blah blah. Honestly...It's great and we love it. The day comes and goes and while it is exhausting, it is also fascinating, suprising and always rewarding. The girls love playing with Delainey and Carson, and the big girls have started playing independently of me....which works pretty well, I can watch the babies nad keep an ear tuned to that fascinating pitch that is the screaming of a two year old.
Carson and Mia played in the ball pit which was lots of fun...
That is until Mia got a Carson foot in the face!

The ktichen became the playroom for the greater part of the day...

While it looks a bit precarious, I promise the children were safe at all times....and the highchair performance is a standard in our house. Turns out the babies are enthralled with it!Even when Ella gets a little closer than expected!

Did I mention I'm going to see Tanyn? I'm so freaking anxiuos I can't stand it. We not only get to see Tanyn, we get to see the rest of our family as well. Dinner at the cabin Sunday night, at which point I promise to take lots of pictures. Rumor has it the "cold-as-a-tile-floor-in-the-basement" snap is supposed to lift and the kiddos will get to sled, ice skate and otherwise cash-in on the beauty of having a cabin.

An interesting update regarding Chris...he's started drinking coffee. By which I mean we're all out latte-afficionados. We don't pass a Starbucks but we turn in for a drink. It's worked out well for me, seeing as I love coffee and not only have my Starbucks trips increased, but my adoring, capable, fantastic husband makes himself a latte every morning. Did I say himself? I mean, both of us! And Ella too (not really a latte, milk and sugar-free flavor sans coffee). It's a wonderous routine.

The next best advancement in our lives...and by next best I obviously mean...THE BEST---Mia is an all night sleeper! It's heaven. It took some work, and a few tough nights listening to her work it out at 1:30 am, but she took to it much quicker than Ella and seems to be better off for it. Here's hoping I haven't jinxed us.

No comments: