Sunday, September 9, 2007

Traveling

We hauled the girls to Nebraska for a few days this past week to have Mia's one month pictures taken in Fremont. Pictures seem to have been a huge success - Ella was great, giving Mia kisses and cuddling. We're all anxious to get the proofs and see our beautiful girls. Ella had a great time entertaining Great Nana and Big Papa, and Mia took to them quite well. Miss L's brightest moment of the day was showing off her unique bubble blowing technique whereby she sucks on the bubble wand, effectively coating her mouth with soap, and by humming "maaaaa-maaaaa" blows bubbles from her mouth.

Friday was a trip over to Southeast to visit my high school coaches and athletic staff - It was great to see everyone again (I'm sure Larsen regrets yelling at me as much as he did - he's quite nice to me these days) and we even got the added bonus of spending some time with Kara...who's awesome, but still a bit crazy.

We had breakfast with the fam on Saturday out at the lake. It was so great to see everyone. No one told me Myles was a chub!!! Which also means that no one has sent me a picture of the handsome boy since he was born... We always love hanging out with you all.

I got to run at the lake. It's so pretty out there - I tend to get lost in focus, but managed to remind myself a few times that I was in a beautiful place and needed to take it all in. All in all a pretty awesome few days.

No comments: